Monday, August 27, 2007

I have grappled with myself over what to call this post. I have decided on

"It's the same shirt as last time and the last time she wore (or will wear) that shirt"

I recognize somewhere deep down inside of me that it couldn't possibly be the shirt. What shirt would make a person do that. None... it's ridiculous. But there is a part somewhere even deeper inside of me (the same part that forces me to wait inside of public restrooms for someone outside to open the door) -- a much stronger part of me I might add -- that doesn't care if it couldn't possibly be the shirt. It was, as the title said, the same shirt as last time and that's enough for me. It's pink (devil of a color) and terry cloth.

She wasn't wearing shorts to sleep (yes there is another part of me that recognizes that could be a big part of the problem) it's hot in our house so sometimes she's just in a t-shirt. I, once again, was napping nicely when I heard Jane make a noise in the other room. I, once again, went back to sleep for who knows how long until I heard her again. Eventually I woke up and went into her room and endured a real life flashback of the last time she took her diaper off and spread it on herself, the crib, the air... I'm breathing it in... Fecal Matter in my lungs... fecal matter everywhere... once again.

5 comments:

Wing and Alli said...

I don't even know what to say . . . I guess that I'm glad it happens to you and not me :) Hope that brightens your day. . .

Wing and Alli said...

Okay, so Wing did not think my comment was funny. I guess he's the more sensitive one in the relationship, so, I'm sowwwy Ambo!

Unknown said...

Ahh come on... it couldn't have possibly been the beautiful pink shirt. That is funny! Well not really, but it makes for a good story.

AEL said...

the prophets have taught us not to grapple with ourselves. maybe that was your problem.

banananutmeg said...

i've sooooo been there and i'm feeling your pain. The solution..feetie pajamas! THey can't get them off, and when they figure out how to take them off, cut the feet off and turn them around so they are backwards and zip up the back. This saved my life...and my kid's life because she did it 3 times before i got smart.