Saturday, December 26, 2009

2 weeks ago-

Jane: "Mom I want to sell my pink dollhouse so I can get a big one with stairs like the one at costco"

Ohh my little ebayby. Luckily we had already started building one.

After upwards of 40 man(/woman) hours and many late nights we have our Crap n' Scrap dollhouse for Jane complete with bathroom, bedroom, living room, kitchen , attic, and coming soon - petshop, preschool and possibly grocery store if I don't shoot myself first (not to mention the spiral staircase. kudos to dan). We call it "Crap n' Scrap" because it's built almost entirely from crap around the house and scrap wood (including broken bowls, old lotion containers, useless toys and old fabric). Only new stuff are the knobs, attic dresser, wall paper and the flower pot table stands and lamp shades.

My worst fear was she would look at and say "but Mooooooom I wanted the one from costco." Luckily she loved the one she had









3 comments:

McCall and Jon Nelson said...

amber - hey how are you guys!?! i love your blog (found it from molly's) and all i have to say is that is one amazing doll house, props to you both! merry Christmas, much love - McCall

Angie said...

you really MADE that!?!? That is the cutest ever! Way to go, best parents award goes to you two!!

You Are My Fave said...

This has got to be so much better than the Costco one. It's so cool. I always wanted a big doll house. I guess I'll have kids to vicariously live through.

I laughed really hard at your Zach Braff comment. He gets that sometimes but mostly he gets David Duchovney.