Saturday, December 05, 2009

Amber:"Jane do you want to go see the Nutcracker ballet?"
Jane: "Yeah mom. I want to go. But I want you to do it."
--riiiiigght
Amber:"You know mama has a lot of strengths but Ballet just isn't one of them. I don't know how to do that."
Jane: "Oh you just lift up one foot and put it underneath you"


Yesterday we told Jane about Santa Claus in the only way I could do it. For some reason I haven't been able to just tell her he's real. I've tried -- and I should add a don't have any issue with people doing it. I love it as a kid. I just can't.-- So anyway I told her a whole story about Father Nicholas giving presents to the kids for Christmas. And how they made him a Saint. And then "So the story goes that Saint Nicholas lived on and on Christmas Eve goes into the children's houses and gives them presents"
Jane: "Santa Claus?"
Dan: "Yes and he comes down your chimney.
Jane: "WHAT?" -- with an "are you kidding me" disbelieving tone
Dan: Yeah and comes in a sleigh with reindeer. Do you know what reindeer are?"
Jane: "Yes."
Dan: "and the reindeer fly"
Jane: "Reindeer Don't fly"
Amber: "They do in stories."
Jane: "WHAT?"

classic

4 comments:

The Marley Family said...

Too funny! Jane is too smart--who are we trying to fool with all this Santa stuff.

The Marley Family said...

Well, I guess you can see, I found your blog!!! Very fun.

Kirstin said...

You're awesome. I have the same problem with Santa and my kids. Whenever I'm asked a direct question I start to mumble and stammer and try to change the subject because I can never think of something real to say. Brooks is very confused.

emily said...

now that is funny and in a few years you're going to have to tell her you lied HAHAHAHA